RFE: Add <span> around tag decorations

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at kernel.org
Mon May 13 16:27:09 CEST 2013

Hi, all:

Android projects have *silly* amounts of tags, e.g. take a look at this
page:

https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/external/gigabyte/platform/hardware/ti/omap3/

You will notice that it's pretty broken because of the horizontal
scroll. We can work around this with CSS, but only when decorations are
inside its own element, such as <span> (believe, me, I tried). Here's
how it looks in a patched version of cgit 0.9.1 that implements the
over commit to show the tags):

https://www-stg.codeaurora.org/cgit/external/gigabyte/platform/hardware/ti/omap3/

The change to make is in show_commit_decorations. My C is not good at
all, so I'm sending this in python/C pseudocode (heh) instead of a patch ;).

if not len(deco):
        return

html("<span class='deco-span'>");
while (deco) {
}
html ("</span>");

As it's just an additional span, it shouldn't break any existing CSS
configurations, but will allow projects that abuse^W use extensive
tagging to display the pages without completely breaking things.

Best,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Senior Systems Administrator