RFE: .so filters

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Jan 10 18:57:57 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Florian Pritz <bluewind at xinu.at> wrote:

> Isn't this (fast scripting with lots of features) when people normally
> start using lua?

This would have the same challenges as using .so files, w.r.t. hooking
write() (or the html functions), but would be very interesting indeed,
because Lua...

Any implementation of this would probably have to work in the same way
I was thinking for the .so file. Namely, the lua script implements
event handlers for:

- filter_open(int stdout_fd, char *argv[])
- filter_write(char *data, size_t len)
- filter_close()

This seems doable. I don't know how I feel about the added size of
doing this yet, but it is enticing enough to entertain and see how the
idea develops.