author/committer/tagger links -- kernel.org?

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Jan 16 02:22:45 CET 2014

Hey Konstantin,

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Konstantin Ryabitsev <mricon at kernel.org> wrote:
> That's pretty nifty. That reminds me -- I'm working on a web-of-trust
> site for kernel.org and something I wouldn't mind having is a way to
> link from cgit to the web of trust for that person. E.g. an email
> address for "torvalds at linux-foundation.org" on this page
> (http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=d6e0a2dd12f4067a5bcefb8bbd8ddbeff800afbc)
> would be wrapped in a link such as:

> torvalds at linux-foundation.org</a>
>
> which will bring up a page similar to:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/wot/torvalds.html

Not sure if you've been following along, but we've got the
email-filter patches merged along with the lua support, so this should
allow for some pretty neat scripts to do exactly what you want --
<http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/filters/email-gravatar.lua> as a
sample. Is this API sufficient for you? If you don't want to have the
web of trust links everywhere, you can use the "page" argument to
filter_open as a distinguishing factor. Please let me know if you need
anything else!

Jason