Policy on global variables

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Jan 16 19:38:02 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:08 PM, John Keeping <john at keeping.me.uk> wrote:

> I had a look at porting to libgit2 about a year ago and it mostly isn't
> too bad.  IIRC the only problematic area is the graph output which we
> currently get from libgit.a but would have to do ourselves if we switch
> to libgit2.

Are there any downsides of doing this? I know we've put a lot of work
into cozying up with internal git utility functions and their build
system. Would we have to reimplement a lot of this? Would it be worth
it? Are there general benefits of using libgit2 over what we have now?
Are there general downsides?

More importantly, is this something you would be willing to do, if we
decided it was the best direction?