Description for section and link for repos

Pablo Rauzy r at uzy.me
Thu Mar 5 09:22:55 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm a new cgit user (I expect there will be a lot of us in the coming
weeks, with Gitorious shuting down), and I have two questions/requests.

But first, I would like to say that cgit is awesome it was easy to
install and run, and has a very small footprint, thanks a lot to the
developers and maintainers.

My first question is about sections.
I would like to be able to add a title and a little description for each
section, just like I can with the cgit.desc configuration for each the
git repos.

Example : http://clandest.in/sensi
Here I would like the title to be "clandest.in / sensi" rather than just
"clandest.in", and I would like the description to be "SEN Security
Inspector" rather than the root description.

My second question is about repository.
I would like to add title and a link to a project home page somewhere
else than on the logo.

Example : http://clandest.in/sensi/finja
Here I would like the title to be "clandest.in / sensi / finja" rather
than "index : finja", and I would like to add a tab "homepage" after
"diff" which would link to http://pablo.rauzy.name/sensi/finja.html in
this example.

Is what I'm looking for already possible? If yes, how? If not, I think
it would be a nice addition.

I don't have a lot of time right now (I kind of have a PhD thesis to
write…) but if it's not implemented by someone else by the time I find a
few hours to explore cgit codebase and add these features, would such a
patch be welcome?

Thanks again for the nice piece of software that is cgit!

Cheers,
--
Pablo Rauzy.
http://pablo.rauzy.name/