[pass] reencryption: only happens when required now

Brian Shore brian at networkredux.com
Tue Apr 22 18:40:41 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
> Question:
>
> Now that reencryption only happens when needed, perhaps we should remove the
> --reencrypt option from init, cp, and mv, and have it just happen
> automatically as needed?

If the reencrypt option is removed from the init command, it will
implicitly break use of gpg group definitions (in the gpg.conf file)
-- the user will no longer be able to tell pass that reencryption is
needed due to external changes.  I think init should keep the
parameter even if most people don't need it.

For cp and mv, I don't see any reason to retain the parameter.

--
Brian Shore
Senior Systems Engineer, Security Architect