[pass] git submodules support

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon May 12 02:15:23 CEST 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Andrew Kraut <akraut at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the git integration within pass understand git submodules? For
> example, can I have a subdirectory called "work" be a submodule to a pass
> git repo that my coworkers and I all share?

Pass doesn't have any particular cases for submodules. It essentially does
this for all git work:

$ cd $password-store-root
$ git add blah/newfile.gpg
$ git commit -m "added new file"

Question: if "blah" is a submodule, will git do the right thing? If so,
you're set. If not, perhaps this will require a special case.

Try things out, see how they work, report any issues you have back here.