[pass] pass on CentOS 6.5 not copying to clipboard

Chris Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 20:44:39 CEST 2015

On 10 July 2015 at 20:37, Anne M. Hammond <hammond at txcorp.com> wrote:
> I just installed and set up pass from the yum repository.
> I am using a remote login.
>
> If I use the command
>
> # pass -c Intel
> Copied Intel to clipboard. Will clear in 45 seconds.
>
> However, if I use Control-V, Right Click Paste, or
> Paste from the Terminal menu, the password is not
> in the clipboard.
>
> I use Control-C / Control-V all the time to cut and paste.
>
> Also I am getting lots of messages:
>
> [hammond at ivy ~]$ Error: Can't open display: (null)
> Error: Can't open display: (null)
>
> I wanted a command line password manager.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
>
> Anne

If by “remote login” you mean “over ssh”, then it is not going to
work. The copy-paste feature copies to the X clipboard of the machine
it is executed on, which does not exist and would be different than
your local clipboard anyway.

You should instead install pass on your local system and use it from
here. You can use git integration to have a copy of your password
store on your server.

PGP: 5EAAEA16