[pass] help re-encrypting DB

Kosta Harlan kosta at kostaharlan.net
Tue Jun 23 21:26:59 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have a primary GPG key in `~/.gnupg/gpg.conf`, the key ID is CECED648.

I created a new GPG key just for the purposes of managing my password store, the key ID is 18F113C9.

Everything was encrypted under CECED648 and I could use `pass` together with `gpg-agent` to access my data without needing to re-enter my password all the time. I re-encrypted my data using `pass init 18F113C9`; that worked fine. But now when I do `pass someentry` I get this message: `gpg: decryption failed: No secret key`

Using the password-store package for Emacs, I can access the data (I don't get prompted for a passphrase), but not from the command line.

I have a backup of my data encrypted with my primary key, so I guess I could go back to that, but before I do I was wondering if anyone has insight into what I'm doing wrong. Is there a way to add multiple keys to gpg-agent?

Thanks,

Kosta