add new dump command

HacKan Iván hackan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:04:20 CET 2017

Funny thing is, I said the same the first time someone answered me that (a week ago) :D

I can't find that email, but I wrote one: https://github.com/HacKanCuBa/pass-extension-insertfile

Basically, an extension is a file named command.bash in .extensions directory in the store (~/.password-store) that is sourced by the main script.

Try the following: create example.bash in that dir, set the executable bit (chmod +x ~/.password-store/.extensions/example.bash) and put the following content:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
echo This is an example pass extension.

Then run `pass example` and voilà ;)

Btw, to enable extensions you must:

export PASSWORD_STORE_ENABLE_EXTENSIONS=true

Or else:

PASSWORD_STORE_ENABLE_EXTENSIONS=true pass example

More info in the man page: man pass.

Hope it helped. Cheers!

On February 5, 2017 10:52:06 AM GMT-03:00, Dusty Mabe <dusty at dustymabe.com> wrote:

>On 02/04/2017 10:52 PM, HacKan Iván wrote:
>> Yo should better implement this as an extension: pass dump.
>>

>I'm not really sure what you mean by "as an extension". Are there
>any docs on creating extensions for "pass"? What other extensions
>already exist?
>
>Dusty

HacKan || Iván
GPG: 0x35710D312FDE468B