Symlinked files appear every search result

Daniel Marks daniel.marks at mailbox.org
Thu Oct 12 14:13:44 CEST 2017

Hi all,

as my company is using Jira as authentication backend for several Atlassian tools I created some symlinks in my password store, so I will only have to update one secret for all those logins. However, when I search for anything those links appear in every search result no matter what the search term is.

% pass find foobar
Search Terms: foobar
└── mycompany
  ├── confluence.mycompany.de -> mycompany\ Atlassian\ Tools
  └── jira.mycompany.de -> mycompany\ Atlassian\ Tools

Is it this a bug? Is there a workaround or best practice?

Br,
Daniel