Speedup pass on macOS and brew

Alfonso Gómez-Arzola alfonso at agarzola.com
Thu Sep 26 15:44:17 CEST 2019

 I recently had pass stop working out of the blue, saying `getopt` was not
available. After a bit of digging, I found that the issue was that `brew`
needed me to accept the XCode license again for some reason. That (I guess)
returned a non-zero status code, which pass (I guess) took to mean `brew`
was not part of the picture. Accepting this license may be necessary for
brew to work, but it should not be necessary for pass to use the already
installed `gnu-getopt`, and the bug was a bit of a pain to track down.

So add another pro to Allan’s list: `pass` would not be affected when brew
(or one of its dependencies) starts throwing a fit.

—
Alfonso Gómez-Arzola