2nd computer

Tim Rice trice at posteo.net
Thu Oct 20 00:34:32 UTC 2022

Hi Robert,

I have Git ride on top of ssh. Have you tested ssh between the notebook and your Git repo? The most obvious thing is that maybe the location of your Git repo does not have a copy of your notebook's public key yet. Another possibility is that ssh and/or Git is misconfigured on the notebook.

Using `GIT_SSH_COMMAND='ssh -vvv' git ...` or so would be a next troubleshooting step once you know ssh is working.

Pass just sends all its Git subcommands and arguments through to Git, so you can just work with the repo directly. I would only start suspecting pass if you've proven to yourself that Git without pass works fine. Eg see what happens when you go into your passwordstore directory and try a `git pull` or `git push`. I would also check `git remote -v`.

tl;dr Start by getting ssh and Git working. Worry about pass later.

~ Tim