Best practice for multiple-client use keys

Emil Lundberg lundberg.emil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 09:35:40 UTC 2023

I too use Syncthing to sync the key store, but not the keys. Instead I
have my PGP keys on a YubiKey, so I just need to plug in the YubiKey
whenever I need to decrypt a secret and I can safely use the same key on
all my clients (because I'm not copying the private key, just moving the
smart card). It takes a bit of effort to properly set up a GPG smart
card without making it impossible to create backups of your master key
and encryption keys, but there are good guides for that available online.

/Emil