[WireGuard] Debugging AllowedIps

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Nov 14 03:59:55 CET 2016

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 3:28 AM, John Huttley <john at mib-infotech.co.nz> wrote:

> I'm using gentoo x64. debug USE is enabled

After recompiling with USE=debug, you'll need to remove and then
insert the module:

# rmmod wireguard
# modprobe wireguard

If that doesn't do it, then it means you have dynamic debugging
enabled in your kernel, in which case you'll have to turn on debug
messages via:

# echo "module wireguard +p" >/sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

> Nothing but the module startup in /var/log/dmesg

A better more up to date source is generally the output of the `dmesg` command.

> I start the server like this

I assume you're going for a classic client/server topology, in which
the server routes internet traffic. Usually in this case you want
something like:

-- Server --
# ip addr add 192.168.1.254/24 dev wg0
wg0.conf: