Wireguard fails on recent updates for OpenWRT on Turris Omnia, but same versions work on other (Linksys) routers with same CPU

mike@farmwald.com mike at pmfarmwald.com
Tue Jul 10 23:50:08 CEST 2018

I need to do a little debugging first, but...

Fail = no handshake, no connections. Nothing in the log that I can see. Does
Wireguard log failures anywhere?

Turris Omnia = Marvell Armada 385 (2x 1600MHz ARMv7)
Linksys WRT32X = Marvell Armada 385 (2x 1800MHz ARMv7)

Both are using 18.06rc1 OpenWRT release. Wireguard is 201806xx (25?)
release - how I tell? Wg show doesn't list the version.
Same config on WRT32x works, fails on Omnia.
This isn't time critical, and as soon I get a little time I'll get more
info.
The older Omnia is using a very old version of wireguard, probably from 2017
(again, how do I list the version?) which works.
Mike