[patch] add support for peer names using a file in userspace

Damian Kaczkowski damian.kaczkowski+wireguard.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:36:34 CET 2018

On 8 December 2017 at 19:45, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> Absolutely not. If something like this lands, it will be called
> "Description=" or the like, as another attribute of a peer. There's no
> reason to make the section parser more complicated, when this is
> essentially just another key value.

+1.
Description, Comment, or maybe Name would be handy.
I got > 200 peers. I am getting hard times checking for peer status.
It would be nice to be able to do something like this:

wg | grep -A6 -B6 my_Description_or_Comment

Or maybe even simpler:

wg show peer by_Name

To show current status of selected peer.