WireGuard for iOS - TestFlight

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Nov 5 22:27:24 CET 2018

Hey folks,

For the last few weeks, Roopesh and I have been hard at work on the
WireGuard for iOS app. Today we're happy to share a
likely-buggy-and-broken TestFlight that you can run on your phone:
<https://testflight.apple.com/join/63I19SDT>. As usual, use at your
own risk, especially since it's alpha quality.

Please let us know about any bugs as you find them -- you can send
them to me or to team at wireguard.com. Our current TODO list lives here
[1], linked via the main project TODO list [2], and if you're an iOS
person and want to contribute code, we'd be happy to have you on
board.

The app costs $3.99 and requires an email address to sign up; we
manage all your tunnels for you in the cloud. JUST KIDDING! Like the
rest of WireGuard, the iOS app is free and open source [3]. I make
this rather tasteless joke, because of the rather surprising
quantities of people encouraging me to do the iOS stuff as proprietary
paid software, because "apple users will pay" or because "open source
is cool, but iphone folks don't care about it so you can get away with
charging" or because "none of the other vpn players are doing open
source mobile implementations" or even because "apple is more likely
to accept paid software into its app store" and so on and so forth.
But, as usual, I much prefer for this to be a community project than a
closed one, and so like everything else, it's FLOSS.

Enjoy! And do let us know about the bugs as you run into them. I'm
sure there are plenty.

Regards,
Jason

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BnzImOF8CkungFnuRlWhnEpY2OmEHSckat62aZ6LYGY