A less invasive cgit.css that works in an embedded environment?

Delan Azabani delan at s85653.gridserver.com
Mon Aug 22 14:47:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been a long time user of cgit, but only recently have I attempted
to integrate cgit into the style of the rest of my website. I have had
some success so far, with the following configuration:

	snapshots=tar.xz tar.bz2 tar.gz tar zip
	scan-path=/var/git
	clone-prefix=git://azabani.com
	cache-root=/var/cache/cgit
	noheader=1
	embedded=1
	header=/var/www/head
	footer=/var/www/foot

Specifically, the last four options are what I've used, and this works
quite well, but styling is an issue.

If I include cgit.css in /var/www/head, the styles in the file break
other parts of my website, including non-cgit pages, but more
importantly, the template itself, because the selectors being used are
very general.

I am wondering, is it possible to prepend '#cgit ' to all of the
selectors in cgit.css so that it can work well in an embedded environment?

Thanks,
Delan Azabani