mime types

Ferry Huberts mailings at hupie.com
Wed Jun 22 23:22:19 CEST 2011

On 06/22/2011 11:01 PM, Lars Hjemli wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 21:10, Ferry Huberts <mailings at hupie.com> wrote:
>> Instead of hardcoding the mime types cgit knows about, why not read
>> /etc/mime.types when a mime type is needed?
>
> Yeah, an option to specify the path to a (httpd style) mime.types file
> and then looking into this file when a mimetype lookup is needed (i.e.
> in ui-plain.c) sounds like a good idea.

already working on it :-)

found ui-plain.c::print_object to change

With the httpd style I hope you mean the same format as /etc/mime.types?
My /etc/mime.types is provided by mailcap on F15 and CentOS/RHEL 5
It's format is very simple:
- comments are empty lines or lines starting with a #
- other lines are: mimetype [extension]+

I propose a new parameter called mime-types with a default of
/etc/mime.types

--
Ferry Huberts