[PATCH 0/2] Git-Config Parsing during scan-path
Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Oct 8 23:27:56 CEST 2012
I've merged these changes into a branch in the repo:
I'd like to mull over them for a few days and not to hastily merge
them into master for a couple of reasons.
- Currently the section and description tags are taken care of using
gitweb.category and gitweb.description, just fine using these two
commits in master:
So one set of patches or the other does duplicate some functionality.
- There are certain advantages of keeping with the gitweb.* namespace,
as it promotes compatibility and unifies a web-oriented configuration
namespace. "When things are in the gitweb area, it means they should
work with webpages that use git for data." I'm not sure I like the
idea of a general cgit namespace, and then cherry picking special
- git_config_from_file should only be called once. This patch series
duplicates the call. Things should be unified into one callback
- The two patches listed above work with the gitolite default, which is nice.
- I don't like having the uber gitolite-specific documentation in
there. It seems like a general solution would be more optimal. On the
other hand, since cgit is so commonly used alongside gitolite, we
could creep gradually in this direction, thought I don't think this
was ever Lars' intention.
What are your thoughts?
More information about the CGit