Jason A. Donenfeld
Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Oct 9 14:49:51 CEST 2012
After some back and forth with Jamie and René, it looks like the git
config semantics are going to be like this:
- gitweb.category maps to the cgit repo config key "section"
- gitweb.description maps to the cgit repo config key "desc"
- gitweb.owner maps to the cgit repo config key "owner"
- cgit.* maps to all other cgit repo config keys
This option can be enabled with "enable-git-config=1", and replaces
all previous "enable-gitweb-*" config keys.
The order of operations is as follows:
- git config settings are applied
- if the owner is not set from git config, get the owner using the
usual getpwuid call
- if the description is not set from git config, look inside the
static $path/description file
- if section-from-path=1, override whatever previous settings were
inside of git config using the section-from-path logic
- parse $path/cgitrc for local repo.* settings, that override all
Please test the jd/gitconfig branch, and let me know how it goes.You
can read a diff here:
More information about the CGit