master testing time, a possible 9.1.1, and where we stand

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Apr 8 23:03:22 CEST 2013

Hi all,

There's been crazy amounts of churn in the last weeks, and after
reviewing everything, I've merged quite a bit to master. Great work to
everyone who's been sending patches -- John and Lukas in particular.

Things should be pretty stable, but it's also possible we screwed
something up. On the table since the last big merge to master we have
--

- Git's testing framework
- Constness fixes

I'm tempting to also push a 9.1.1 out the door before we start merging
new features, as this has been pretty hectic, and I still have my TODO
list of things I'd like to get done for 9.2. Going forward, expect
more frequent releases when we have this kind of activity.

In any case, we now have some new sensitive code in master, so let's
see what we broke.

As of writing, our current feature branches that may be merged soon
are jd/branch-sort, for kernel.org's branch sorting feature, and
jk/valgrind-tests, with John's wrapper for valgrind.

Jason