No subscription required? [Was: Cgit v0.9.2 problem with get_repo_modtime]

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu Aug 15 22:13:52 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Eugene Sajine
<esajine at interactivebrokers.com> wrote:
> On a side note it is a bummer that i must be subscribed to the list in order
> to post. Git mail list has friendlier policy and allows non-subscribed
> people to post.
> I have unsubscribed thinking that my issue is resolved (and it is), but you
> guys being as supportive as you are made me willing to submit more questions
> and suggestions...
>
> I think if you have only one list - you should allow non-subscribers to
> post.

I'd be okay opening this up to non-subscribers. IIRC, there were some
spam issues with the old email address on Lars' server, prompting a
subscription only list, but it looks like lists.zx2c4.com hasn't been
harvested by spammers yet, so I don't have any objection to opening it
up. Also, the original mailing list way back when was open to
non-subscribers.

I'm fine with it, unless anyone else has a good reason not to. Anyone
have any objections?