Dubious prefix handling in unannotated tags with git-clone

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Feb 1 21:17:12 CET 2013

Hi all,

MSM contacted me over IRC about a curious bug with cloning unannotated
tags. After debugging, the culprit was some bizarre prefix comparison
code in the info/refs handler.

http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/commit/?id=05da4c2822f60649786c0dd81f01a3855846248f

That's the fix for it. I'm not able to find any reasoning why it was
there in the first place, though it clearly looks wrong to me. In any
case, this minor uncertainty might warrant a little bit of extra
testing of this before our next release.

So any bugs you find with http-clone following that commit -- please
let me know.

Jason