git.zx2c4.com down ?

Džen yvldwt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 21:22:03 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 8:15 PM, Stefan Naewe <stefan.naewe at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> What is not the purpose of cgit ?
> Being maintained by pull requests from github ?
> I really don't understand what you are talking about here.

It wouldn't make sense to use github as a web-interface for the cgit
project because the sole purpose of cgit is already to provide a web
interface for git repositories. So if you host everything at github,
there's no reason for cgit to exist anymore.

> Am I the only one who thinks that this doesn't sound too friendly ?
>
> Im a little bit puzzled about Jason's reaction.

Yes, you are the only one. This whole github-is-the-best hipster
attitude is getting on my nerves.