[MERGED] ---> Update git to v1.7.12.4

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Mon Mar 4 14:40:41 CET 2013

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 07:46:04PM -0500, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hopefully Junio will be quick to merge your revert commit upstream,
> and we can then trudge forward toward git 1.8.1.4 API compatibility.

I doubt it will be fast-tracked so I expect we'll have to wait for 1.8.3
(1.8.2 is deep into the RC period).

There is one other issue that needs fixing to move forward (I tested
with 1.8.2-rc2) related to format_note.  I have a (broken) work in
progress commit for that on GitHub [1].

I'll tidy that up and post it here once there is a released version of
Git that it compiles against (and hopefully remember to update the
Makefile's GIT_VER next time :-) ).

[1] https://github.com/johnkeeping/cgit/commits/update-git

John