Encoding problem

Jorge Bastos mysql.jorge at decimal.pt
Sat Oct 5 12:32:54 CEST 2013

> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 12:19:38AM +0100, Jorge Bastos wrote:
> > Is it possible to define charset in cgitrc?
> >
> > I'm having encoding problems in the frontend, in the latest version
> > 1.8.4 from version 0.9.2, and now non-ascii chars are shown with ??
> or
> > some other char instead of the correct one.
> >

> > Is there a charset option for cgit ? I can't find it.
>
> The charset is hardcoded to "UTF-8", which should be the default
> encoding for Git commit messages and CGit does attempt to transcode Git
> messages to the correct encoding.
>
> Are you seeing '??' in the commit message or in blob/tree content?
>
> Do you have a public repository that is exhibiting these symptoms?

Hi John,

I was checking and the file in question was indeed in ANSI, changed the file
encoding to utf8 and it's OK.
Anyway, I have gitweb install side-by-side, and in gitweb it was shown
correctly.

I have other places where chars are not shown OK but didn't get any
conclution about the file encoding, I'll tell you later,