commit-filter not being applied on log page

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Fri Aug 1 11:44:29 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:27:19AM -0400, Chris Burroughs wrote:
> I'm trying to write a commit-filter to hyperlink references to our bug
> tracker.  It seems to work fine for commit detailed pages, but not at
> all for the log view.  Since our developers often make brief messages
> like "fixes #123' so getting the url in the log view is arguably more
> useful than in the detail page.

I think this is an issue of the cost of forking a filter process for
each line in the log view.  Now that we have Lua filters that may not be
so much of an issue, but I don't think we can just start using the
source filter on the log view due to the impact that will have on people
with an "exec" source-filter already configured.

Perhaps we need to add a "log-filter" which you could configure to be
the same as "source-filter" but which can be left blank for people whose
links are normally in the body of the commit message.