Should remove-suffix=1 and scan-path work with non-bare repos?

Charles Dee Rice cdrice at pobox.com
Sat Dec 13 09:41:34 CET 2014

Hello!  New here to cgit.  Just built cgit-0.10.2 and was experimenting with features; noticed some unexpected behavior, and I believe I've narrowed it down to scan-path and remove-suffix with bare vs. non-bare repots.

Given an /etc/cgitrc containing:
remove-suffix=1
scan-path=/tmp/testing

and a non-bare repot /tmp/testing/blah/.git, I see unexpected behavior for the "blah" repot.  The repot is named "blah/" on the cgit index page (note trailing slash). The Summary page for "blah/" works as expected, but attempting to view any other data (refs, log, tree, etc), I receive a "No repositories found" error.

If I disable remove-suffix in /etc/cgitrc, now I see "blah/.git" on the index page, and all subsequent pages work correctly (but of course the repot is named with the trailing .git, which I'd prefer to remove).

If I re-enable remove-suffix, but now change the "blah" repo to a bare repo -- /tmp/testing/blah.git, I see the behavior I originally would have expected.  The index shows the repo as "blah", and all pages work when viewing blah.

Should scanning + remove-suffix work with non-bare repots?  Please forgive me if I have missed something simple -- I've been scratching my head on this for a while.  Am I doing something silly or missing something in the documentation?

Thanks - Chuck