RESEND: syntax-highlighting.py

Stefan Tatschner stefan at sevenbyte.org
Fri Jan 10 14:07:37 CET 2014

Am 08.01.2014 16:19, schrieb Jason A. Donenfeld:
> Okay reading this closer, it seems what the one in-tree could benefit from is:
>
> - Expanded list of filename mappings, made more generic than what you
> have in your script, but basically the same idea. -- { "pkgbuild":
> "bashlexer", "cmakelists.txt", "cmakelexer" }. Is there a way to do
> this that ties directly into pygment's guess_lexer_for_filename? If
> not, could you submit a patch upstream?

I have created an upstream pull request and it got merged after 30
seconds [1]. Moreover it seems like the cmakelists.txt thing was also
fixed [2].

Should I remove the filename mapping thing in my patch according to
upstream or should I keep this until the next pygments release?

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/pygments-main/commits/7cc1e6d0143445302445360fb8b963a7644f1912
[2]
https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/pygments-main/src/8fda165f5da04bdf5040fc7b8d3e1589d8fc1b4f/pygments/lexers/text.py?at=default#cl-1609