The road to v0.10.1 or v0.11

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at kernel.org
Fri Jan 17 20:29:19 CET 2014

On 17/01/14 01:22 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
>> But scan for repos is caught by the cache most of the time, and
>> > presumably even if we run persistently we still need to do that
>> > periodically (or use inotify); or do we just rely on the process being
>> > replaced when the set of repositories changes?
> Generally the idea is you restart the fcgi process when things change,
> or at least send it a SIGUSR1. But we could be fancy and support
> inotify/kqueue...

The process that updates the repositories may not have permissions to
send SIGUSR1 to the fcgid process -- either because they are running as
different users or because there are SELinux policies preventing it.

It's really best if cgit recognizes when things like projects.list have
changed.

Best,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev