certificate problem with libravatar

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Jul 3 11:16:21 CEST 2014

Hello everybody,

looks like we have a certificate problem with libravatar email filter. For
base URL we use "//cdn.libravatar.org/", with is fine if cgit serves
unencrypted html pages. The url evaluates to "http://cdn.libravatar.org/"
then. However if cgit sends an encrypted site the url is
"https://cdn.libravatar.org/", with results in a certificate error as CN does
not match.

We could just change the url to "//seccdn.libravatar.org/" or
"https://seccdn.libravatar.org/", but that would fetch the avatar via https
all the some. In fact the first one makes two requests as the http server
redirects to https one.

Does the script know whether or not the site is encrypted? That would allow
us to choose the correct url. Any other ideas?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"C7?Bj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)