source-filter isn't getting applied

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Tue Jul 29 00:38:05 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 05:14:43PM -0400, Nik Nyby wrote:
> I have cgit installed and the source-filter isn't working on any of my
> source files. I have Python and Pygments installed. I tried manually
> running the script on some files, and it's giving back html
> correctly.
>
> Here's my /etc/cgitrc:
>
>     scan-path=/home/git
>
>     branch-sort=age
>     repository-sort=age
>
>     source-filter=/usr/local/lib/cgit/filters/syntax-highlighting.py
>     about-filter=/usr/local/lib/cgit/filters/about-formatting.sh
>

> My cgit is installed in /var/www/cgit, and I'm using cgit v0.10.2.
>
> Let me know if you have any suggestions.

What are the permissions on the script files?  How do you run them
manually?

Assuming that CGit is definitely reading that `cgitrc` file, I'd guess
that the permissions are not set correctly for the user `cgit` runs as
when called from your web server.

If all else fails, you can try moving CGit out of the way and replacing
it with something like this:

-- >8 --
#!/bin/sh
strace -o /tmp/cgit.strace /path/to/real/cgit "$@"