Fwd: source-filter isn't getting applied

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Wed Jul 30 09:57:30 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:17:26AM -0400, Nik Nyby wrote:
> Great, this helped me debug the error. I looked at the part of the strace
> where it was reading the /etc/cgitrc, and it looked like it was only
> reading the first setting, even though the following settings are getting
> applied. I'm not sure exactly why yet, but putting the source-filter
> setting at the top of the /etc/cgitrc fixes the problem, and my source
> files are now highlighted.

I suspect that was just strace truncating the data, but at least it
pointed to the answer!

Global settings get frozen for each repository when it is added, so you
should generally do all the configuration near the top of the file and
then add repositories (either explicity or with "scan-path=...") near
the bottom.