Displaying latest commit message instead of description on repository list

Nik Nyby njn2118 at columbia.edu
Thu Jul 31 16:35:12 CEST 2014

I have cgit set up with my list of a bunch of different projects, and
none of those repos have a very descriptive "description" file. I
thought it would be nice to display each repository's latest commit line
instead of "Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the
repository." in the Description column of this table.

Does cgit have a mechanism to easily configure what I'm talking about,
or would this require new functionality?