[ANNOUNCE] CGIT v0.10.1 Released
mysql.jorge at decimal.pt
Sat Mar 1 21:34:36 CET 2014
Everything's fine, thanks for your work!
Apart from that, one minor thing, the tag names, are the only thing that
suffers from encoding problems.
Is there anything that you need to track this?
From: CGit [mailto:cgit-bounces at lists.zx2c4.com] On Behalf Of Jason A.
Sent: quinta-feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2014 23:43
To: cgit at lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] CGIT v0.10.1 Released
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
CGit 0.10.1 is now available, as a mostly bug fix and cleanup release of the
prior massive 0.10 release. However, it does have a couple new features.
== CGit on the Web ==
* homepage: http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/about/
* git repository: http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/
* git clone: git://git.zx2c4.com/cgit
* mailing list: cgit at lists.zx2c4.com
* mailing list subscribe: http://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/cgit
== ChangeLog v0.10.1 ==
17 files changed, 134 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)
* sendfile() is now used when available (Linux systems) instead of a loop of
read() and write(). This should significantly increase performance for
volume sites which make heavy use of the caching feature, as it saves
to and from user-space.
* The cgit.cgi binary when run from the command line now accepts a --version
argument which prints out the version as well as optional compiled in
features (such as sendfile() support or Lua support).
* Caching granularity is now improved with the introduction of the
cache-snapshot-ttl option, which allows configuration of the ttl for
and zip snapshots of repositories..
* **Important for package maintainers**: the old LUA_IMPLEMENTATION flag has
been completely removed, with LUA_PKGCONFIG replacing it. LUA_PKGCONFIG
specifies which package specifier is passed to pkg-config. Currently cgit
supports the values "luajit" (default if found), "lua", "lua5.2", and
"lua5.1". When this variable is not passed to make, auto-detection checks
each of them in that order. Package build scripts that explicitly specify
LUA_IMPLEMENTATION should not explicitly specify a LUA_PKGCONFIG.
* CGit now uses git v1.9.0.
* Lua test suite is now only run when Lua is a compiled-in feature of cgit.
* Git availability is checked before attempting to use it inside of the
* An uninitialized variable is now zeroed out in the diffstat view, which
previously caused erratic behavior.
* Cache slot ttls of zero are now never cached.
* Downloads for tags of length 1 now will show.
* The logic for age comparison in sorting commits and tags has been
== Downloading ==
* For verification git tag v0.10.1 is signed with my public key:
== The Road to 1.0 ==
It'd be nice to have a 1.0 release soon. Here's a non-exhaustive list of
things I'd like to see for that:
* HTML5 compliance
* Line number anchors highlighting the current line in pure css / html
* git-blame support
* git-grep support
* More malloc()/free() cleanups
Jason A. Donenfeld
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.22 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CGit