mimetypes & about

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Mon Aug 17 15:00:00 CEST 2015

"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> on Mon, 2015/08/17 14:41:
> Hi Christian,
>
> I've merged your series. Thanks a lot for that.

Thanks a lot!

> Also, I wound up rewriting the mimetype-from-file function to be a lot
> more clear and less error prone:
> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/shared.c#n564

Looks like that broke it for me... I will take a look at what goes wrong.

> I also expanded the send-plain list to include video/:
> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/ui-summary.c#n108
>
> I imagine at some point people will have various requests here, and
> we'll wind up being convinced to add an option for this...

Yes, 'application/pdf' comes to mind...

I have these categories in my mime types file:

$ cut -d/ -f1 < /etc/mime.types | sort | uniq -c
   1289 application
    213 audio
     54 chemical
     80 image
      6 inode
     21 message
     19 model
     14 multipart
    107 text
    112 video
      1 x-conference
      1 x-epoc
      1 x-world

Wondering whether or not it makes sense to invert the condition, e.g.
embedding text (and message? others?), sending everything else in plain mode.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)