Have scan-path only pull in unlisted repositories

Matt Hevern matt.hevern at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 01:35:05 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I'd like to be able to specify a number of existing git repositories, and
associated descriptions, sections etc, so that they show up orderly via the
web interface - but I'd also like to set up scan-path so that if anyone
pushes new repositories up, then they will be listed as well. This is
because those
pushing up new repositories may not have access (or inclination) to update
the "/etc/cgitrepos" file, but want to be able to access the new repository
via cgit.
Currently when I do this, I get duplicates of the static configured
repositories I have listed via "include=/etc/cgitrepos", and the
repositories scanned via "scan-path=/home/git/repositories".

Is there any way to do something like - tell scan-path to only pull in
repositories which are not already listed - or something similar ?

Thanks,

Matt