unexpected cache issue when http errors

Nicolas Dely nicolas.dely at technicolor.com
Mon Mar 30 19:15:27 CEST 2015

Hi,

I would like to share an unexpected cache behaviour with this list and
discuss about a solution.

Indeed we are using cgit to provide a web interface to our internal user
and also to provide file to our reviewboard server.

We are experiencing some cache issue on static pages when data are not
pushed yet to server but reviewboard tries to access these
files/repositories. Cache is adding even 404, 401 or 500 error for
static page, we can workaround this issue after reducing/setting static
cache issue but it looks not very useful to cache http errors.

Do you think it is possible to only cache when HTTP is 200 OK? Other ideas?

PS: I've seen a cache issue (lock file) but nothing about http errors

Regards

Nicolas