filter rework break about page

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Oct 12 14:12:22 CEST 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> wrote:
>> [0] http://www.pell.portland.or.us/~orc/Code/discount/
>
> BTW, this brings a shared library libmarkdown.so. We could link cgit against
> that and handle markdown without external command.

Definitely not. In the first case, I wouldn't want to special case
this. Though, I wouldn't mind adding support for *yet another filter
type* - dlopen. Nonetheless, Lua serves the highspeed case rather
well. But in fact my real concern is that different sites have wildly
differing requirements on what kind of markdown they output. Github
flavored? Italics within words? Should it filter out dangerous HTML?
Etc. Too many decisions, that are best off to a tweakable script.