[RFC] ui-repolist: Allow sections to be collapsible

Andy Doan andy.doan at linaro.org
Tue Aug 9 05:28:17 CEST 2016

On 08/08/2016 03:44 AM, John Keeping wrote:
> I thought about this a bit more and I wonder if it would be more natural
> to configure this with something like:
>
> 	section.collapse = 1
>
> We'd need to change the current "const char *section" into something
> like:
>
> 	struct cgit_section {
> 		unsigned int collapse : 1;
> 		char name[];
> 	};
>
> and I haven't thought too carefully about how exactly we parse the
> "section.collapse" directive (e.g. does it apply to the current section
> or does it apply to all future sections?  The former seems more natural
> initially but the latter would make it useful with section-from-path).
>
> What do you think?

I'm a little confused, but its probably my lack of experience with cgit
configuration capabilities. I currently take advantage "scan-path" to
find everything so I was using something like:

  section-from-path=1
  scan-path=/srv/repositories
  section-collapse=pkg
  section-collapse=people
  section-collapse=ubuntu

I'm not sure how I could accomplish that with your suggestion?