RFE: render MD/RST documents in tree view

Lars Hjemli hjemli at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:35:27 CEST 2016

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Joe Anakata
<jea-signup-cgit at anakata.org> wrote:
> On 08/23/2016 02:37 PM, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
>> I tried using a source-filter to render markdown, but the results were not
>> quite there (see attachment). :) I don't think there's currently a way to do
>> it, but it would be pretty nice to have it
>
> We also did a source filter and observed what you saw.  Then we discovered a
> hack that works on our install (currently at version v0.12) which may (or
> may not) be helpful to you in the meantime if it works for your version.

Actually, this is not a hack but an intended feature, see
https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/commit/?id=e1782fff8a78b7f265432603351281ad2988bb40

You can also use a dedicated branch for your about-pages, see
https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/commit/?id=379e80e3a83481d3639c5d312eeddcce57c486b2

In cgit, the 'wiki' branch contains all the files available from the
about-page: https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/?h=wiki

--
larsh