Display of directories that contain only one subdirectory

Erik Brangs erik.brangs at gmx.de
Wed Jul 13 19:57:23 CEST 2016

Hi,

I use cgit via websites that use it to provide a repository browser, i.e. I don't have my own deployment. IMHO it would be nice to get a more comfortable navigation for directories that only contain one subdirectory. For example, for a path like "contrib/hooks" at https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/ , you first need to click on "contrib" and then again on "hooks". Navigation could be simplified by providing a link for "contrib/hooks" that points directly to the "contrib/hooks" path.

GitHub's repository browser implements this feature. For example, at https://github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/tools , there's a link for "kvm/kvm_stat" that points directly to "https://github.com/torvalds/linux/tree/master/tools/kvm/kvm_stat" .

I looked at cgitrc.5.txt and didn't find any evidence that this feature was already implemented for cgit. Assuming I didn't miss anything, would someone be interested in implementing it?

Kind regards,

Erik Brangs