odd patch issue

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Mon Mar 14 22:20:37 CET 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 01:46:29PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> We are seeing an odd behavior with diffs/patches here. I think it's a
> bug, but perhaps we are doing something wrong. ;)
>
> If you look at:
>
> https://fedorapeople.org/cgit/adelton/public_git/CGI-sessions.git/diff/app.cgi?id=additional-attributes
>
> you can see just the diff for that one file.
> However, if you try and get a patch for just that one file:
>
> https://fedorapeople.org/cgit/adelton/public_git/CGI-sessions.git/patch/app.cgi?id=additional-attributes
>
> You get also any other files affected in that patch. (ie, not just
> app.cgi). Is this expected? or a bug?

I think this is expected.  It doesn't really make sense for "patch" to
use a path since it includes the header and commit message, so it
doesn't take a path argument.  (Hopefully you created that URL manually
and didn't follow a link - if we generate such a link that is a bug.)

If you want a diff without all the HTML markup you can use "rawdiff":

	https://fedorapeople.org/cgit/adelton/public_git/CGI-sessions.git/rawdiff/app.cgi?id=additional-attributes