RFE: have a way to request compressed patches and rawdiffs

Konstantin Ryabitsev mricon at kernel.org
Fri Apr 28 18:46:34 CEST 2017

Since I'm on an RFE binge, here's another one. :)

Some of the rawdiffs we have been generating end up pretty large (e.g.
linux-next to mainline rawdiff is around 80MB). We compress them using http
protocol compression, but the reality is that most people would be getting
these using wget or curl, which do not add the "accept-encoding: gzip"
header and therefore get the uncompressed version.

It would be great to be able to tell cgit to generate and send compressed
versions of raw output like patches or rawdiffs.

Thanks for all your help.

Best,
Konstantin
--