Commit _subject_ filter, everywhere

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 20:00:10 CET 2017

On 2 December 2017 at 18:14, Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On 2 December 2017 at 18:10, John Keeping <john at keeping.me.uk> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 02, 2017 at 03:44:15PM +0100, Bjjjrn Forsman wrote:
>>> Here is the result:
>>>
>>> https://bforsman.name/cgit/nixos-config/log/
>>>
>>> I think it's looking good!
>>
>> I wonder if it would look better with a smaller symbol, like the
>> Libravatar icons for the author names here:
>>
>>         https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/log/
>>
>> Maybe something like the small tick/cross icons GitHub and GitLab use
>> for build status, for example:
>>
>>         https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/branches/all
>>
>>         https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/commits/master
>
> Indeed, those look better.
>
> (I didn't plan to use that big/long SVG in the end, it was just the
> first I found.)

I did two changes:

1. Borrow SVG from gitlab (thanks for the hint!). Smaller, more
suitable icon. Also, it's a good thing to have a shape that indicates
pass/fail, instead of relying only on color.
2. Specify a fixed size for the SVG in the commit-filter. This
prevents a the page layout from changing when the SVG is finally
loaded.

https://bforsman.name/cgit/nixos-config/log/

The indicator is still listed in the "commit" column, but as it's much
smaller now, I feel that's fine.

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman