possible bug in config readme

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Sat Feb 18 17:57:28 CET 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:19:09PM +0100, MonkZ wrote:
> i'm using cgit 1.1 and trying to configure a global list of possible
> readme files (see attachment), but all i can get to work are
> "cgit.readme" entries in git-config files.
>
> I would expect, that this list would be active until a repo config or
> git-config comes around to overwrite it.

I can't see anything wrong with your config, and I have just tried
something similar here and it seems to work.

Having looked at the code, one small subtlety is that if there is a
repository-specific readme configuration it overrides the default list
rather than appending to it, but if you don't have any repository
configuration then the list in cgitrc should be used.