your mail

John Keeping john at keeping.me.uk
Sun Jul 23 14:00:19 CEST 2017

[Please keep the mailing list cc'd.]

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 12:32:40PM -0400, Ghost Squad 57 wrote:
> Personally, I just want cgit to show the key used to sign the commit, not
> necessarily validate it. Validation could always be done on the user's side.

I would be very concerned about giving a false sense of security by
doing this.  It sounds like you want something like "good signature by
untrusted key ...", but then doing validation on the user's side
requires cloning the repository, doesn't it?

Or do you mean that the user should trust the server and just say "yes,
that's the key I expect to have signed this"?  That's not behaviour that
we should be encouraging.