Running CGit with user owning the repository

Marco Pessotto melmothx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:11:14 CET 2018

Hi there,

this is going to be a dumb question, but are there major concerns about
running CGit with the same user owning the repository? Ok, not
super-optimal, but is that acceptable?

I think CGit avoids to even touch the repo is serving and it shouldn't
write on it, but I'd like to know what you think about it.

The rationale behind this question is that I'm embedding cgit in an
application (amusewiki.org/git) and the setup would be simplified a lot
without the need of another service just for this. If you encourage the
user separation, I'll keep the things as they are.

Thanks in advance

Best wishes

--
Marco